Sunday, January 20, 2008

Grandma's house

Gabbie's Great-Grandma Robbins (Kyle's Mom's Mom) has been wanting us to come and visit her at her house for quite some time now, so we decided that we would make the trip up to Salt Lake.

Grandma loved holding Gabbie while we were there.


Grandpa Marv was just happy to have visitors I think. (He told us all about how his Pop Machine Business is going)


One Cool thing that Grandma Robbins has on her wall is this "family tree." She basically has a branch for each of her kids where she has a family picture of them, and family pictures of all of her married grandkids and their families.


The roots of the tree are pictures of her ancestors that she's found pictures of. It's a really cool wall.

Another fun thing that we did while we were there was to look through some of her pictures that she has from while my mom and I were growing up. I've taken some digital pictures of some of the pictures that she gave us while we were there. I've since cropped and made the quality better as best I could. I posted them here for all to see.

Here is a great one that came straight from my parent's wedding invitation. Pretty cute couple eh!


The rest of the pictures are mainly pictures of me when I was really little and family pictures from we started adopting kids (hence why my older sister Megan and my younger brothers and sisters are not in them.)

This next one I never could get to take without being kinda fuzzy.


My grandma still has this license plate cover that we gave her.


The funny thing about this next picture is that the chair that I am sitting in my mom still uses. Last summer Gabbie's cousin Maddie sat in it to eat dinner while camping. I want to get one like it for Gabs some day.


One thing that I was known for when I was little was my love of Hot Dogs. My mom always talks about how the only thing that I would ever order at restaurants was a hot dog. It didn't matter what kind of restaurant it was (chinese, buffet, etc.) all I would ever order was a hot dog. When we came across this picture you could imagine my excitement.




This is an interesting picture. It was taken around easter at my Great grandma Baker's house in Draper, Utah. Our family used to have a big tradition of going to Grandma Baker's house for an Annual Easter Egg hunt. We kids loved it because it was probably 4-5 acres of fun places to hunt for eggs with our cousins.
My brother Matt is the kid with the Blue and Yellow vest. I'm the little one on the ground in the front. As far as I can tell, the rest of the kids are our cousins, and the lady next to Matt is my uncle Scott's first wife.


We had a lot of fun at Great-Grandma Robbins' house!

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

very very cute pictures! I definetly need to get a copy of mom and dad's wedding announcement. It was SO cute! We have matching blogs now... funny!