Friday, May 8, 2009

Yay! We Are Finally Done!!!

I know many of you who have gone through the whole spouse graduating from college thing have probably felt the same way I did when Kyle graduated on April 24. It was such a wonderful feeling to know that we were done, at least for a little while before he starts again for his masters. There was such a feeling of accomplishment and success. Looking at Kyle in his cap and gown made me think about all those hard times when he would be 'gone to the world' because he had 2 or 3 papers due. Those were some of the hardest times for our family but we have really grown and developed a wonderful relationship because of them.

I was working the morning of graduation so Kyle woke Gabbie up and brought her with him to the Marriot Center. When I got off at 7 Kyle's sister Natalie picked me up and we went to get Gabbie. She loved sitting with her daddy and then sitting in the bleacher chairs (that only lasted for a little bit, but Grandma Christensen was so nice and took her outside to walk around while we were waiting for Kyle to walk across the stage. Thank You Again for that!)

This is where all the graduates sat and our position in the stands. Kyle was about the 5th or 6th row from the front.

He's in there somewhere. This was about the only picture I got before the camera battery died. Luckily my smart husband brought the charger and we were able to charge it some. Unfortunately, the graduates got out of order and they did not announce the English Teaching majors so I ended up missing Kyle walk across the stage but Nan took a picture.

It was such a beautiful day for graduation. Here are the pictures after the ceremony:

Kyle and his mom

Kyle, Mom, and Dad. They were so proud of him.

Gabbie and Daddy...she would not let go of that binky for anything.

I am so proud of him! He worked so hard and at times doubted himself and his abilities but he did it!

This is the girl that student taught with Kyle at AF Junior.

Jared was one of the only other male English Teaching majors. These two had some good times together over the last year or so. Jared and his little family will be moving off to Evanston, Wyoming over the summer for their new job teaching in a high school. We will miss them.

I wish I had taken a picture of Kyle all by himself. Darn. We are so proud of our newest graduate. He worked so hard to get to this point. Thanks for all the support we received from everyone that helped us get through the changes in majors and other school related decisions. You guys were a great strength to us.

6 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Congrats again Yokol and you too Christy. Welcome to the "real" world. :)

Kate said...

so cool! congrats, kyle!

Lisa said...

Congratulations to my special cousin! Awesome, you did it! Now get out there and enjoy working and not having any more homework. Luv ya Cuzin'. Lisa

Rochelle said...

I'm so proud of you, Kyle!

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

Dang proud of BOTH of you! PHT degrees are so great....PUTTING HUBBY THROUGH. Good job, both of you!!!

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

P.S. and I think I got one, Christy. I will check it.