Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Birthday Art

On my birthday this year, I introduced Gabbie to a new art medium. We decided to paint with chocolate pudding. She is always so excited to do any art project and she knows the routine. Before we even start, we have to get her art shirt on (one of my old shirts that she loves to wear) and then grab the art sheet out of the closet. We can only do art when we are on the blanket. Seeing her face as she finds out what we are going to do is another one of those moments that make me so grateful to be a stay at home mommy. It is so rewarding.

Anyway, Kyle captured these pictures when he came home.

Gabs didn't even try to taste the pudding until I stuck her finger in her mouth. She was super surprised.


I helped her write her name and draw a flower. She then proceeded to completely cover her name up with pudding (guess it looked better that way).

Umm, yummy!


Noah was just chilling in his chair. He is always so good as long as he can see us.

Too much excitement led to foot painting instead of finger painting. We had to make sure she stayed on the sheet then and had to wash her art shirt and blanket.

Before...

After...


We had so much fun painting and getting dirty. I am trying to be less obsessive about her keeping clean and instead just let her enjoy herself, whether she keeps clean or not. (not so easy for me to do but I'm working on it)

1 comments:

Angela said...

Good idea!!! I'm trying to think of things that Caleb would like to do. I should try more art projects with him! He'd love that! Glad you all are doing well!