Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Purty Tree

This year we ventured out on Black Friday just for the fun of it (plus I wanted to get a Candyland and Chutes and Ladders game for $3.99). When we got home, we were all very tired. Gabs ate her breakfast then played with Daddy's hat for awhile before she laid down for a nap.



While she was sleeping, we put up the tree. She walked around the corner after waking up and was super surprised.

She woke Daddy up from his nap so he could help us decorate.




This was the first year we have ever had a tall enough ceiling to put up our whole tree; I was very much looking forward to it. The tree was so tall Kyle had to stand on a stool to even decorate the top part. He tried to let Gabs help him with the star but she was too short, so he had to do it by himself.




I was trying to teach Gabs how to do the 'Vanna White pose' and show off our tree. This is the closest we got.

Thank you Grandma Christensen for getting us this tree from freecycle. We think of you every time we put it up. I love how our handmade decorations make the tree so special. This year Gabbie and I made a christmas tree ornament from a sponge and decorated it with colored brads. We also made wreaths with pipe cleaners and aluminum foil (it's definitely not the most put together tree but each year when we put it up again, we get to remember the fun times w had as a family making those ornaments.) We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I think it's a very pretty tree! Gabbie is even prettier.

So, I want you to post pictures of your house now that you are completely settled and have lived there for awhile. I think it's fun to see where you live. Pretty please?

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Great looking tree!

Kate said...

You guys were brave to do Black Friday with kids! Good for you, though! I'm glad you got to take naps afterwards! Those pics of you guys decorating the tree are precious! I can't believe how big Gabbie is every time I look at your new pictures. Time flies so fast!!