Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How Do We Spend Our Evening Waiting for Daddy to Come Home?

With Kyle's new job, we have had to make a few adjustments around home. We went from having him home around 4 or 5 to home sometime between 6-8 depending on the day. At first, it was a difficult transition because I was dependent on him being there so I could take a little break after a long day.

We have come up with a few fun things to do while we wait for dinner and Daddy.

This night we took out the blocks and decided to practice our balancing abilities. Gabbie and I took turns building towers on top of each other.



Noah participated by sitting on Mommy and then once the tower was up, headbanging me on my belly so they would fall down.


We sure had fun being silly. The kids and I laughed a lot this evening. Their cute little belly laughs are one of my favorite noises in the whole world. I love being a mommy!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I know what you mean! Adam's work hours recently shifted too, and it's hard to fill those evening hours! It looks like you guys came up with some fun things to do though! Good for you for being creative!

Rochelle said...

You look really good, Christy! And you are such a fun mom.

Angela said...

You are such a great mommy! Look how FUN you are??? That's what I hope through the years to accomplish. . . to always be a fun mom and PLAY with my kids!