Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flood

One of the most adventurous and exciting (and I think Christy would add scary) parts of our trip was on Saturday when we decided to go out and ignore a "severe weather warning"

We learned from this experience that severe weather warnings in Texas are very different from Severe weather warnings in Utah. You really can't ignore them.

I would write more, but I think the following videos say more than I ever could.
(Oh, and yes, that is water coming up over the hood of our car and that is a car stuck in the water ahead of us in the 2nd one.)

This video is while we were on the main highway road.






This video is of the neighborhood road that is by our church.




Once we got through that really deep water, we found a place of high ground and parked our car. Luckily we were only about a block from our church (the purpose of our little excursion was to find the church so that we wouldn't get lost the next day at 8 in the morning). While walking, we got completely drenched. Here are some mug shots of the guilty severe weather warning non-heeders.



5 comments:

The McEwans said...

Dang you guys are crazy! lol. Glad everything worked out with everything you went down there to do! It's so fun starting a new place!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Holy Smokes! Yeah, we have also learned about the Severe Weather warnings. Except ours are usually followed with time spent in the basement due to the Tornado warnings that always follow. Fun times. I am glad you guys are safe.

SkyBluePink said...

I like Black appliances better than standard white ones, but I think that white will match the cabinets better.

Meshelle said...

Ok...those flood video's totally took me back to our NC days! It's SO true about taking the "severe weather warnings" seriously!! I love the pictures of your house...you guys are gonna love it!!

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

I think that black appliances would make the room feel smaller. I agree with the person above who said that the white would match the room better.