Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Trip to Texas...Day 1

For all those who were not aware, we are in Houston Texas for the week trying to find housing and do some job interviewing.

I got sick the night before we left, the kind where I did not make it to the bathroom in time and threw up all over our carpet. Not fun at all. It made things a little bit difficult for the plane ride because I was still not feeling all that well. Gabbie was super excited to see all the new things at the airport that she missed her morning nap. From all the advice we were given, we decided to give her some medicine to help on the plane ride. (must not have used enough because it backfired)

Our flight was delayed about 20 minutes because of the snow at the airport. Gabbie kept walking over to the window and looking out at the tarmac and planes. When we finally boarded, we had to sit on the runway for a while so they could de-ice the wings. This is the point
where I started to get numb all over and felt the comings on of a black-out. My hands and face were tingling and I was feeling really light headed. Then my oh so wise husband suggested that I stretch my legs out and move my hands around. This seemed to take care of things and I was okay for awhile.

Gabbie was fine but really tired so she was a little whiny. It took a vast majority of the flight just to get her to fall asleep. She was one of those kids on the airplane that is crying really loud because we were making her take a nap. I don't remember this very much but while she was asleep I started to get really dizzy again so I stood up in the middle of our tiny, super cramped plane to get my circulation flowing. When I sat back down I leaned back to go to sleep. I thought
I was falling asleep, but Kyle told me that I passed out and almost crushed Gabs with the bar in the middle of the seats when I fell on it. Needless to say, it was a very interesting experience that I hope never to have again.

We arrived at the airport and were a little overwhelmed. It was so stinking huge! It took us about 10-15 minutes just to get out of it. Houston is huge. We knew that coming into it but actually seeing it is a different story.

Today we have tons of things to do. Kyle interviews at a district this morning then hopefully at a school in another district that is his number one choice. After that we are going house hunting and then if there is any time left, swimming. Oh did I forget to say that when we arrived last night at 7 it was 70 degrees!?!

Sorry for the super long post but this way just seems easier than saying all this over and over. We'll keep you updated.

1 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

What kind of meds did you use? Benedryl doesn't work on our kids either. Just makes them hyper. We learned that on a flight too. So sorry it was such a hard day. Hopefully the ride back will be better.