Thursday, December 23, 2010

Setting up the Tree

For one of the Family Home Evenings in November, we decided to set up the tree.

This was Tay's contribution to the process...

We had one bulb out so we had to undo the pre-strung lights from one section and go through every single bulb. Kyle was a trooper and did an awesome job getting the lights back on the tree.

Noah and I decorated on another day while Gabbie was taking a nap, but we left the star for her to put on.


Now that it has been up for awhile, I am ready for the tree to come down. Noah is really bad about playing with the stuff on the there so it looks pretty messy and funny. I'm trying not to let it bother me too badly because in the grand scheme of things, it's just a tree. That's not what this time of year is about.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That's what I try to remind myself of every day, too! Ours is redecorated by Hannah daily, and our cats eat the fake pine needles and climb it all the time. SIGH. just a tree, right? :)

Rochelle said...

I am right there with you. I want to take it down before the baby comes, which gives me the day after Christmas. I'll probably wait and have mom help me with it when she comes.