Friday, November 12, 2010

Sea World

Back in October when things were really hard and I just wanted to quit my job, we decided to take a much needed break from everything in Houston. We got in the car and drove down to San Antonio to visit Sea World. It was something we wanted to do since we first moved down here, since it is not very far away. My sister had never been before and I had only ever gone once so we thought it would be a wonderful trip.

The kids and I took a few pictures at the entrance while Daddy and Tay were getting our tickets.
The first thing we wanted to do: see the whales. Gabs didn't even know what to expect. When we got into the stadium, we were able to see the whales playing in their 'pool'. It was awesome.

We decided to sit in the splash zone, just for the experience. Tay and the kids had no idea what they were in for.

Trying to take a family picture, but someone's fluffy hair kept getting in the way...

I got told to stop hiding behind Gabs. I really was trying not to, but she kept moving her head so she was blocking my face.

Tay after the show...

When we paused to figure out where to go next, the kids saw this dolphin statue and had to go play with it. Unfortunately my camera sucks so I didn't get the picture to come out correctly, but it was so stinking cute.


Then we had to go see the whale statue...


Towards the end of the day, the kids (i.e. Gabs) were tired of taking pictures and being in the park. But, we couldn't miss this show.

It was Sesame Street getting ready for Halloween.
Then on to the final ride of the day. Gabs was big enough to ride ONE. In line she was super excited about getting on the little roller coaster. She thought it was going to be awesome.

Those feelings quickly disappeared once we got on and starting going.

She kept telling me, 'It's too fast.' And when we asked her if she would like to come back again and ride it she said emphatically, 'NO!'

It was an awesome trip away from home, which helped rejuvenate me and motivate me to stick it out a little longer at work.

1 comments:

Kate said...

That looks so fun! we've wanted to go to San Diego to do Sea World, but I keep wondering if it'd be worth it because I'm sure Hannah would burn out fast. It looks like your kids did really well and had a blast, though!