Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving at the Kim Christensen home.

So, for Thanksgiving this year we went to my parents (the Christensen's) house.
As usual it was an exciting experience.

To start off this post I will play a video that really gives you an idea of what Thanksgiving is like at my parents house:
(okay, so this was taking way too long to load, and the other ones I posted didn't show up, so if you want to see the video, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you)

This is what the tables looked like (with Justin (our brother in law) in the background:
My sister Marta did all of the centerpieces.
This was the "kid's table":


There were enough people that we even needed three tables.

One really fun thing about this Thanksgiving is how fun it was to watch Justin "the manly-man" Cooley doing arts and crafts for the kids. He told me he would help me fold the napkins when he was done.

I realized when I got home that I went a little crazy with the camera. I'll try and say the name of the people in these pictures and how they are related to us.


This is Parker. He is My brother Matt's third child and oldest son.


This is Millie. She is most well known in our family as "the miracle baby." She is my sister Missie's (Justin's wife) oldest daughter.

I'm not sure of the name of the baby on the left in this picture. Her parents names are Bonnie and Brent and they have come to Thanksgiving dinner with us for the last 3 years. The baby on the right is Connor, My oldest brother Matt's son.

I'm not sure who the crazy guy on the left is, but the one on the right is my oldest brother Matt.

At one point in the evening, Parker needed to blow his nose, so Matt asked him to go get some toilet paper. This is what he looked like when he came back. (we really think that Parker would get along really well with Christy's nephew Aiden)

One of our big family-get-together traditions has become "kids horsey rides on uncle Kyle." Here are some fun pictures of the Cowboys and Cowgirls:

Annie (Matt's second daughter), in back, and Maddie (Missie's second daughter), in front, had some major fun rinding the horse. Millie thought it was pretty fun to see her little sister hold the horsey's ears.

Annie got lots of turns.

All the kids waited their turns and had tons of fun riding the horsey.

Luckily for the horse, Jake was the biggest kid that got a ride this time. Oftentimes everyone seems to want a ride.

Another fun thing this year was having my Mom's Mom and Step-Dad there.
They really enjoyed themselves.

To the point that Marv was really tuckered out.

Soon after, My dad decided that he would get involved in the action and we found ourselves having an 'old guys tuckered out club' in the corner.

Another great tradition that has been started at Grandma and Grandpa's house is when Grandpa (or somebody else) loads all of the kids up in the tractor and takes them for a ride. We actually got a pretty good video of this this year:



Grandpa decided that he wanted to have more than just the Grandkids be involved in this tradition this year, so he loaded some hay in the back of the trailer and we went for a hayride over to see the lights:


Anyway, that was our fun thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

So, thanks for the video! It made me bawl... I can't wait to see you guys! Only 2 more weeks... Lincoln is going to LOVE those horsey rides!