Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kickball

Every year at the end of the school year, there is a tradition in my school. The faculty must play the oldest kids in the school in a game of kickball. Usually the rules are completely unfair and there is no chance that the teachers can win. So for this year, the rules were changed. Both sides got to kick all the way through there team of 16 or so and no outs were counted. We were excited about these new rules. Now there was a chance. I surprised myself with how well I was able to play. I really thought I was going to be bad. Playing this simple game of kickball made me nostalgic for the days when I used to play softball and get to get down in the dirt after a ball. Those are some good memories.

I'm getting ready for the ball to come or I've already kicked it. I can't tell. Kyle took these pictures because he came to show me moral support.


Right after he got there, I get this pitch that I want to hit really bad, so bad in fact that I completely miss the ball and it rolls past me. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to catch that in film ;)


Trying to catch the ball or something.

We all got decked out in these flame headbands and put war paint on our faces. We determined to have fun. The rest of the kids from 2-5 were sitting on the hill watching and either cheering on the teachers or the sixth graders. There were numerous times where I overhead the chant "Sixth grade rules, teachers suck!"

Our fearless leader, Kristie Nevins, tracking the score to make sure we knew what was going on.


Gabbie came with Daddy to watch me play. She really enjoyed it because tons of kids came up to her and were trying to play with her. It was really funny because one of my kids looked at her and asked if she was my baby. (they haven't seen her since she was about a month or two old). Then another one told me that he was talking with his mom the other night and told her that he thought chubby babies were the cutest. Then he said "so your baby is really cute!" I couldn't help but laugh.



Some sort of argument was going on. Sixth grade weren't very gracious losers.



I'm running in to home for the final point of the game. We kicked their trash but according to their score, they were tied when we went up for the last inning. So I guess if you look at it that way, I scored the winning run.


Our second grade team: Nicole Busch, Kate Bailey, Leslie Ewell, and me.


Running the bases after an awesome hit.



And one final picture of me decked out in my full gear for the game. I had a lot of fun playing. I pulled something in the last run that I did but after a few days I felt fine and am ready to start my new exercise program come Monday morning. (Moral support and encouragement would do wonders for making me stick to it:) )

2 comments:

Kate said...

way to make our team win!! i wasn't much of a contributor. and i love how in that picture of me, i can totally see myself starting to burn... oh, if only i had seen it then instead of 6 hours later. :)

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Looks like a great tradition. How fun!