Friday, June 13, 2008

My New Hobbies

Being home all day, I had to find something to amuse myself while Gabs was taking her naps. I decided to start some scrap booking/card making. Ever since I married Kyle I have wanted to give this 'crafty thing' a try but never had the courage. I could always explain it away with I had too much other stuff to do and not enough time. Well, that excuse doesn't really work anymore. Basically what it comes down to is that I was really intimidated. I have never been really crafty and I was worried that it would be a complete bomb and a waste of time.

However, I took the plunge this week and tried something new. My first project was to create a sort of frame for our Living Christ picture. We had this huge frame that hasn't been used since we bought it a year ago. Kyle thought it would be a good idea to use it for this if only we could do something with it so that there wasn't a ton of empty blank space in it. After he left for school, I got to work and came up with this....

It took a really long time and was very confusing at times but I am pleased with the outcome. I think I did pretty good for my first shot at something new.

The next project was to try my hand at card making. The girls in Kyle's side of the family have this card club they do every month where they make cards and trade them. RaeAnna has asked me to join a few times but I always said I didn't have time. So today when I was bored I decided to give it a chance and see if I totally sucked at it.

I made three cards, kind of using the cards Chelle sent me a while back and ones I've seen from Meshelle as my template, and ended up being pretty impressed. I mean there not anything great but I was happy with the way they turned out.




Maybe I can be a little bit more crafty than I thought. Any advice or encouragement from all you crafty people out there would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

You've got skills! Good job!

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

Woohoo! Good job, Christy. I know what you mean by being intimidated. I even joined a once a month card club to learn how to do them right. Want to go with me on the third Monday of the month at 1 p.m.? Gabbie's actually gone with me once before....

Kate said...

good job! those are super cute! i've always wanted to get into it too, but it seems like everyone around me is already so good at it and my stuff looks terrible!!! we should practice together sometime... i have a TON of scrapbook supplies... I just need to learn how to use them! :)

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Christy, you did awesome!!! way to go girlie!

I think we need to start up the family card swap again. Now that you are ready to go.