Monday, March 22, 2010

Anniversary (a month late)

Our anniversary this year was pretty low key. We went out on Valentines Day to this Stake Adult Couples Dance. It was interesting. The band was very old and so was there music choice. We dance a few slow songs but that was about it. It was actually more fun to sit and watch all the married couples, from the ones who had been married for 50 years to the one who had only been married for 3 months.

Here are some of the few pictures we took while there... us dancing and then some random pictures of a few of our friends in the ward.



After the dance, which we left early from because Kyle hated it, we went to the movies to see 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief'. I have read the entire series so I wasn't too impressed with the movie. There's almost always some huge things left out in movies that were so good in the books, which is why I prefer reading over watching movies. But, if you haven't read the books, then the movie would probably seem really good. I guess my advice would be to go see the movie before you read the books then go back and read the book! It's so much better and would make things a lot clearer.

It's been three challenging, life changing years together with Kyle. We have made some huge decisions, some good and some not as good. I am very grateful that we have been able to make those choices through careful consideration and prayer. We have gotten closer as we have dealt with our trials and learned a lot about each other. I love Kyle and know that no matter what the future holds, we will be blessed. Thanks for all the wonderful memories and experiences so far hun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been skeptical of the couples dances too. When did those start up? Sharon and I like dancing, but I still think of dances as a place where I would go to meet new girls. I need to redefine them in my mind. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well and still keeping the flame alive.

Do you guys still keep up on the NCAA tournament? Thank goodness Duke is still in the tournament, otherwise my bracket would be done.

Rochelle said...

you guys are so cute. I love you.