Saturday, August 25, 2007

The big road trip... San Francisco Here we come!

Recently, Christy and I were invited to go to San Francisco with my brother Matt and his wife Meshelle so that I could attend a Law conference with him. Although I never did get to go to any of the conference with him, the trip ended up being a great chance for Christy and I to get away and relax. Some of the best part of it was the road trip. Originally we were going to leave at around 7 am and drive all day but, as the night before came around, we realized that we were so excited to get away that we ended up leaving around 12 am and driving through the night.
Kyle did most of the driving through the night, with a few hours break while Christy drove, and then Christy got up around dawn and drove until we got to the big California cities.

We ended up making this freakin cool little bed in the back of the car so that when one of us wasn't driving the other one could be sleeping. This ended up being a great thing for Christy's pregnant legs... (she seems to have quite the case of edema with her pregnancy and sitting in a car for a long time can be really bad for that).
This is a picture of what the weather started being like when we got into the San Francisco Bay area.
I thought this was a super cool part of the bay. Christy thought it was kinda boring.
Here's another example of Christy's comment on our previous blog about how we've got this weird habit of taking pictures of each other when we are driving... I was probably telling Christy about one of my philosophies and that's probably why she was so bored that she took this picture.

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

I remember having philosophy hour with you many times! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Thanks for posting pictures... I miss you guys!