Sunday, August 12, 2007

Memorial Day

Mom and Dad have this friend who let them use their cabin pretty often. Right after school got out we were invited to come up and help them as they stacked a whole bunch of wood underneath the deck. We ended up having lots of fun and getting some really cute pictures.



Here I am looking really excited to be there. Just kidding. School had just gotten out and I was looking forward to a little relaxation. I think this was after we had done a little work on the huge stack of wood.

Lydia was really fun to watch work. She got into this little rotation where she would grab pieces of wood and shuck them down the hill towards the area where we needed to stack all the wood.


Once we had gotten all the wood but away, we didn't want to do anything. Most of us ended up going to bed really early and then waking up the next day to spend most of the day playing games. Here Kyle is trying to teach Lydia and Mom's friends grandson how to play PIT. It was very interesting to watch. Lydia is really funny when she plays. She tries to collect as many of the different kinds of cards as she can and will hold on to cards that she doesn't even need. Its always fun to play games with her.
I believe this was shortly after we had finished with the wood. Everyone was way tired. Here Mom and Dad are taking a break after all their hard work.


Because we have a King Size bed at the house, I have been having a really big problem sleeping in a smaller bed and sharing. I can never manage to get a good nights sleep with all my tossing and turning. This was the morning after we had worked outside and I didn't sleep very well. After getting up to take an allergy pill, I wanted to try to go back to sleep. Kyle had other plans. He decided to take this picture and show people how happy I am in the morning when I get woken up.


0 comments: