Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend of Firsts

Gabbie Girl had a great weekend of firsts. We went up to Park City with Kyle's family to stay at their condos for conference. It is a tradition they have had since they were really little. Kyle and I took Gabbie swimming for her first time. She loves her baths so we thought she would love the pool and we were right. We forgot to bring our battery charger so our battery died not long after we took a few pictures in the pool.

Here we are for the first time getting in the pool. (Notice that she is sucking on my arm...this has become a habit of hers).
"Mom, I'm not so sure about this whole swimming thing. Isn't this supposed to be a heated pool? I'm cold!"

The only time she was a little scared was when Kyle took her underwater with him. After that she really liked the water. She even tried to dunk her face when she was floating on her belly. Here we are practicing our tummy floating.

Yay! I love swimming!!
Another new event of the weekend was during dinner time. Gabbie had her four month check-up on Friday. The doctor let us know that she now weighs 15 pounds 15 ounces and is 26 inches long. That is the 89th percentile in weight and 99th percentile in length. BIG GIRL! He also let us know that she is ready to start eating cereal. We tried it for the first time and she didn't really think it was that good.

"Guys, this stuff is not that good. I just want to spit it out. That's way more fun than actually eating!"
It's so fun to make mom and dad get frustrated because I don't want to eat.
Yum! I'll give it one more try but if it doesn't taste good then I don't want it.

I can't believe how fast our little girl is growing. It really is true that they grow up way too fast!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Man, I can't wait until we can go to Park City for conference again! I love both of the girls swimsuits! Cereal is the hardest thing... we liked the kind you get in the jar with different fruits mixed in... maybe when she's a little older she'll enjoy that stuff. There might even be some leftover from our last trip home in mom's pantry!

Kate said...

I love how I'm commenting on here during planning time at school!! Gabbie is so cute! It's gotta be so much fun to take her swimming! I can't say I blame her for spitting out that cereal... yuck! She's got good taste, that's all. :)